Today’s release is the Treasure Hunt Radar, meant specifically for finding small things cleverly hidden. Notable features:
- Will find objects by name, using both partial and complete name matching.
- Can position your camera so that the object is easy to see and click.
- Partial name searches are not case sensitive.
- Sound alerts when objects are found (audible only to the wearer).
- Can dump the positions of all treasure hunt items found into your chat log as SLURLs for easy sharing.
- Can give you URLs that can teleport you to the object in one click when used within Second Life.
- Will keep working on no-script land.
P.S. Meanwhile, I’m thinking of a product that would make treasure hunts more interesting rather than more grinding…
P.P.S. My best rate so far is 51 seconds per hunt item, give or take. 🙂
P.P.P.S. Found a small bug, sorry about that — when the number of items found becomes so big that they no longer fit into hovertext, the radar switches into displaying them one by one with a “Showing 1 of X” message above that, and the X is higher than the real total by one. Since it isn’t actually affecting the functionality in any significant way, I will hold a bit on the update until someone trips over something else or until I get any bright ideas for a feature to add.