Time to update my star product! 🙂
This is a HUD gadget for advanced object search, intended mainly to take the pain out of treasure hunting expeditions, but it is otherwise quite useful for finding any small, hard to see objects you have lost. Notable features:
- Will find objects by name, using both partial and complete name matching.
- Can position your camera so that the object is easy to see and click.
- Partial name searches are not case sensitive.
- Sound alerts when objects are found (audible only to the wearer).
- Can dump the positions of all treasure hunt items found into your chat log as SLURLs for easy sharing.
- Can give you URLs that can teleport you to the object in one click when used within Second Life.
- Will keep working on no-script land.
New in this version:
- Networks with other copies of itself for collective searching! Agree on a search string, and move in different directions, you’ll find things far faster!
- Properly handles moving and disappearing objects.
- No longer stops searching at all upon sim change or teleport.
Over a thousand copies sold, 101 XStreet votes and most of them at 5 stars. 🙂 If you have one, just wear it and you should receive a box with the new version more or less immediately.